Sunday 15 February 2009

Greenspeak

I love wordplay, particularly when it is pointed at something topical. I did some work recently on strategies for Sustainability, and while not a Green Freak, it did alert me to many of the issues that surround us.

I guess the first words that I encountered were the "Green Wave" and "Sustainability" but there are others....

Eco-Chic - anything fashionable made of recycled materials
Eco-Iconic - Toyota Prius?
Ecoholism - an addiction to everything ecofriendly
Carborexia - an addiction to reducing your carbon footprint
Negawatts - an excessive use of energy that will inevitably lead to negative PR
Dark Greenie - an extreme Green fanatic

And if this is all too much for you, you are probably suffering from "Green Fatigue" which will eventually lead to "Eco-pathy" if you are not careful!