Sunday 3 May 2009

Getting the best from people

I like this series of books. They present information in easy to read bite pieces. Great reading for short tube journeys where you are constantly picking up and putting down the book. The material is well written and accessible. If you have read the "usual" management books, I suspect there will not be an awful lot of new material here. However, it is always useful to be reminded as all too often it is easy to get caught up in the day to day running of any business.

The main drawback (and probably it's biggest asset) is that the material is presented in no particular order. You don't need to start the book at the beginning and you can dip in and out. It does mean that it lacks a thread that develops throughout the book. However, I suspect this is an artefact of this book format. I enjoyed reading it and it provided me with some useful reminders.